Expert Profile

Default User Photo
Plastic surgeon | Views: 122059

Friendname: DRCALOCA
Business Name: Elite Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Website: www.drcaloca.com
Telephone: 1-619-734-2290
Languages Spoken: English Spanish

Post a reply Ask JAIME CALOCA a question Return to JAIME CALOCA's homepage

Ask An Expert > JAIME CALOCA Message Board > Umbilical hernia after full TT. I had full tt in Feb. 08. 6-7 weeks p.o. I notice a buldge around my bb and very swollen looking above bb.
Default User Photo
Torrance, CA
Umbilical hernia after full TT. I had full tt in Feb. 08. 6-7 weeks p.o. I notice a buldge around my bb and very swollen looking above bb.
I go back to ps. who says that I have an umbilical hernia. I'm worried that it's more than that, considering the buldge in my upper abs. P.S. has not suggested an ultrasound, and I wonder why. It's such a bummer. I didn't like my stomach before the TT, and I still don't! Yes, it looks better, in some ways, but not under clothes, as I'd hoped!


Plastic surgeon
View My Professional Profile
UPPER ABDOMEN BULGE AFTER TT  December 16, 2008 12:49 PM

An Umbilical Hernia would be limited to the umbilical area. If the bulge is located in the whole upper abdomen the possibilities are various. If the bulge is very soft and "jello" like, it can be a seroma or hematoma (liquid). If the bulge is hard and there is no redness or tenderness, it can be that the muscles borders are not at the midline (they are placed in the midline with the muscle tightening procedure that most PS perform during a TT). If the bulge is located in the umbilical area, it can be a hernia (but this is a possibility when you had the hernia BEFORE the TT). Hernias are rare AFTER TT if you did not have it already. Feel free to contact me and send photos for more info.

Plastic surgeon
Encino, CA
United States
View My Professional Profile
  January 23, 2009 6:12 AM

It sounds as though the lower part of the tummy is tight and the upper muscle tightening is loosening. An ultrasound or MRI would not be a bad idea, but it sounds like further surgery will be necessary to solve the problem.



Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.