Member Login

Ask-An-Expert  >   >  Will my medicaid ...


Default User Photo
Schaumburg, IL

Will my medicaid cover labiaplasty? How do I find a surgeon to do my procedure?

Hi, I have been looking into labiaplasty for about 2 years now. My inner labia has always been bigger than I'd like, but after having my second daughter and "tearing" down there, the doctor didn't stitch me up and it seemed to get a lot worse. And then I went on to have my son and the same thing.. I tore and didn't get stitched up. This has resulted in my labia becoming bigger, not to mention the pain during inter course with my husband and of course poor self esteem. I can only wear certain panties because most hurt me as well.. I have medicaid and am currently pregnant and know this problem will just become worse for me. Will my medicaid cover this procedure? How do I find a surgeon in my area (schaumburg, il) to do the procedure? Thank you for your advise

Doctors/Professionals Only
Regular Users/Non-Professionals
  Notify me when a doctor/professional or regular member answers this question
  Notify me only when a doctor/professional answers this question
Doctor/Professional Answers (2)   


Plastic surgeon
Miami, FL
United States
View My Professional Profile
March 10, 2010 12:41 PM

NO!!! no insurance will cover cosmetic labialplasty. And being pregnant why ask now Wait!!! (more)
Is this answer helpful? 0        0
Login to Vote


Cosmetic surgeon
Laguna Beach, CA
United States
View My Professional Profile
  Illinois Surgeon
February 25, 2010 10:01 PM

Hello. I hope you have a happy and safe pregnancy. The best labial surgeon in Illinois is Otto Placik. He is very competent and very compassionate. I have had a chance to work with (more)
Is this answer helpful? 0        0
Login to Vote

Learn more about

Member Comments (1)

San Antonio, TX
United States
March 9, 2010 4:48 PM

I doubt Medicaid will cover your labiaplasty. And not to say what you have shared is not valid, but unfortunately insurance companies view Labioplasty as a cosmetic surgery (seeing as it is elective and has been marketed as such). Unfortunately since you are currently on government funded aid, the likelihood of this being covered is greatly unlikely. However, it would not be a terrible idea to speak with your OBGYN and have him/her refer you or to diagnose the tearing. Otherwise, once you have your baby it wouldn't be a bad idea to see a labiaplasty surgeon. They will ultimately be able to provide you with the best advice. Hope this helps!



Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.