LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
Member Login






Ask-An-Expert  >   >  Can fix my ...


Ask-An-Expert

   
User photo for: Icantbelievemyeyes
Icantbelievemyeyes
NYC, NY

 
Can fix my hollowness?


I have darkness around my eyes. There is too much skin on my upper eyelid. My left upper eyelid seems to be bigger than the left and I look very sleepy all the time because my lower and upper lids are sunken in. My lower lids are more sunken than the upper and it is not something that makeup can cover. When I smile the skin around my eyes pleat so much on both the upper and lower eyelids. I had Bells Palsy in 2001, and I've recovered about 90%. I don?t have pain, just some residual paralysis hence the remaining 10%. My dark sunken in eyes however, have always been this way, and weren?t brought on by the Bells Palsy, I just don?t know if the Bells Palsy affects my ability to do a cosmetic procedure to fix my eyes. I really don?t want to live with this but I haven?t done anything about it thus far because I thought there was nothing that could be done. I've been reading the message boards and I am wondering if there is something that can be done to help me? how long would it last? and how long would recovery be? I dont want to look like a different person, I just want to look like a very well rested version of myself. Please give me any and all information you can, much appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Media

Photo:

Eyes

Photo:

Smiling Eyes

Doctors/Professionals Only
Regular Users/Non-Professionals
  Notify me when a doctor/professional or regular member answers this question
  Notify me only when a doctor/professional answers this question
Doctor/Professional Answers (1)   

richardgalitz


Facial plastic surgeon
Miami, FL
United States
View My Professional Profile
  problem eyes
December 15, 2010 7:24 AM

First because of the varied nature of your problem you need a good in person consult by an experienced aesthetic\occuloplastic surgeon. It sounds like you have hypervascularity and thin (more)
Is this answer helpful? 0        0
Login to Vote


Learn more about

Member Comments (0)


 



 

Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.