Member Login

Ask-An-Expert  >  Compression Garment  >  How do I ...


Default User Photo
calgary, Canada

How do I find/trust a surgeon to fix my thigh lipo mistakes.
Compression Garment

I had thigh liposuction done in February of 2010. That was six months ago and I'm very concerned about the results. My saddle bags are very uneven. I have a pronounced divot inside of one thigh that extents around to the back of my thigh. There is a ridge on the outside of a thigh and very pronounced divot over one knee. My knees are still very lumpy and the front of my thighs look like they bulge out more now because fat was removed from around them. All in all it's been pretty disappointing. At my three month appointment my surgeon said I would need some "tweaking." He said that "one in three" of his thigh lipo patients need revisionary work. Is that high? He also stated the dent on the inside of my thigh was from a blood vessel spasming and that it would eventually release. I didn't really believe him.
I am so unhappy with the results I don't want him to do anymore work on me since it's much more than the odd bump being re-contoured or smoothed out. How do I go about finding a new surgeon who is good at thigh lipo revisions. I know that it's more difficult and can cost more but for my own peace of mind I need to have this fixed. Also is there anyway of recouping any of my original payment from the original surgeon here in Canada? My surgeon came highly recommended and is suppose to be one of the best in my city. He's on university teaching and hospital boards. He is certified and has years of experience in his field. Unfortunately that wasn't my experience with him. I was supposedly an idea candidate: ten pounds within my ideal weight range with localized fat deposits on my thighs. I wore my compression garments as per instruction. Thanks for your time. It's appreciated.

Doctors/Professionals Only
Regular Users/Non-Professionals
  Notify me when a doctor/professional or regular member answers this question
  Notify me only when a doctor/professional answers this question
Doctor/Professional Answers (1)   


Plastic surgeon
Miami, FL
United States
View My Professional Profile
August 18, 2010 3:23 AM

Sorry for your issues. A photo would be helpful but since there are none posted I can guess you are seeking another expert liposuctionist. Very hard to correct bad lipo results usually I (more)
Is this answer helpful? 0        0
Login to Vote

Learn more about Compression Garment

Member Comments (0)



Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.