Member Login

Ask-An-Expert  >   >  who do doctors ...


Default User Photo

who do doctors turn down for nasal reconstruction?

I need to have my nose fixed and I am terrified I will be turned away. I am woman in my fifties and just need to be able to go outside again. I need some scars on one half of my nose removed and a graft or flap. I am not fussy at all and do not care what the Doctor would do as long as I could feel a little normal again.. This has been terrible for me. I waited a year from the time this all happened and it is worse not better. The scar is very indented and making it look as if I only have one half of a nose. What type of Doctor would I see? I was thinking plastic Surgeon but again I am afraid that since the do such perfect work and I probably never will be able to be near perfect I would not want them thinking I was expecting perfection.. Just a little normalcy... I have enough money to pay for whatever surgery the Doctor would perform and be so thankful. 50 some years with a nose and I can't adjust to feeling and looking as if I don't have one..ThankYou..

Doctors/Professionals Only
Regular Users/Non-Professionals
  Notify me when a doctor/professional or regular member answers this question
  Notify me only when a doctor/professional answers this question
Doctor/Professional Answers (3)   


Plastic surgeon
Beverly Hills, CA
United States
View My Professional Profile
June 21, 2011 7:41 PM


It would be best for you to seek the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. It sounds like you have realistic expectations. Good (more)
Is this answer helpful? 1        0
Login to Vote


Facial plastic surgeon
Fleming Island, FL
United States
View My Professional Profile
  Nasal reconstruction
June 16, 2011 11:11 AM

Nasal reconstruction is something I do quite often. I assume you either suffered trauma or tumor surgery to your nose. If that's the case, the nose can often be rebuilt to a basically (more)
Is this answer helpful? 1        0
Login to Vote


Plastic surgeon
Baltimore, MD
United States
View My Professional Profile
June 14, 2011 11:24 AM

See a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) for evaluation and advise on what can be done.
Find the plastic surgeon that giives you the time and you feel (more)
Is this answer helpful? 1        1
Login to Vote

Learn more about

Member Comments (0)



Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.