Necrosis, Wound Dehiscence, Surgical Technique, TUMMY TUCK
I?ve noticed that you are usually the first to answer questions on this site and very generous to help person?s seeking answers. Thank you for all of us!!
I am looking for an education. My doctor gives little to no information. A broad generic DETAILED answers would be so tremendously appreciated and help in understanding basics and help my communication with my surgeon.
About myself, I am a thin and tall woman living in Myrtle Beach, S.C. and traveled to Duke University in N.C. to have my surgery. Post op has been difficult and lengthy. Unable to travel back to Duke and make appropriate appointments, I am left on my own in the learning process. I had a tummy tuck with an anchor or T because my skin would not stretch the full length. I am not sure if I had a hematoma or seroma. My incision opened up and was told once in is a necrosis and once that it was a wound dehiscence. I am currently waiting for the wound to close.
I understand that no one can diagnose me nor tell me why my surgeon choose the course of action that he did, I am hoping to receive general procedures explained in detail with variables to help me gain some knowledge thus enabling me to have more informative conversations with my surgeon.
ALSO, HOPEFULLY ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS WILL GIVE OTHERS GREATER KNOWLEDGE WHEN FACED WITH ANY OF THE SAME ISSUES OR INQUIRING AND HAVING THE SAME PROCEDURE.
1.What is the difference between necrosis and wound dehiscence?
2. I?ve noticed most wound breakdowns are on breast lift t-incisions and TT t-incisions or the middle (directly below the bellybutton) on a horizontal only TT. I haven?t seen a breakdown on the end of a TT incision or on a B-implant only. Why is it that most wound/tissue breakdowns are in these areas?
3. My photos show an anchor or t-incision of my tummy tuck with metal staples. How common is it to use staples in tummy tuck surgeries?
4. Why could you possibly surmise the use of staples on any tummy tuck procedure?
5. What is the medical terminology name for a stapled technique and anchor closure?
6. What is the most common product (name and grade of sutures) and technique (continuous, lace, looking for med terminology) used in an anchor or T-incision closure?
7. What is the common (most respected) technique in the horizontal closure?
8. Are you able to tell (surmise) the technique used in the horizontal closure based on Day12 photo?
9. Are you able to tell what kind of tape in covering the incision in the photos and what is it?s purpose?
10. Last, how do you measure where the incision will be places? Vertical height from where the vagina cress begins?
Thank you in advance, I am hoping to learn a lot.
Notify me when a doctor/professional or regular member answers this question
Notify me only when a doctor/professional answers this question