Member Login

Ask-An-Expert  >   >  Fixing massive ...


Default User Photo
Miami Beach, FL

Fixing massive Scar/Encapsulation Deformity

I am looking for a doctor in the LA/SoCal area that can help me correct a serious issue that has deformed my face. I was basically in an accident and my jaw and some of my face was shattered. I am female and it left me with a very warped chin/jaw. I had a chin implant and a jaw rebuild. My mental nerve rests at the bottom of my mandible (it is palpable and I can manipulate feeling on the right side where there is otherwise no feeling). In addition to this I had the original implant removed and it left me with a very horrible sub-mandibular scar. In an effort to correct the shape I was treated with Kenalog 40 repeatedly and it barely budged the scar under the skin (excess subcutaneous scar tissue). I had two very expensive surgeries to correct this one without replacing the implant and the second did. The second left me with more deformity and the doctor attempted to even it out by adding excised hypertrophic scar tissue to the indentation. It never blended and is now palpable as well and and he did not fully fill it in giving me a very warped looking lower face. The implant itself is actually very nicely designed and shaped if the scar tissue were absent. I am medically knowledgable and see two resolutions, the best of the two is actually going in and removing as much of the tissue as possible (the scar tissue is also making the numbness on the right side more profound as the scar is blocking the nerve--after massage in that area I get more feeling so removal would be ideal) and also sub-manibularly pulling in the chin to shape it in a more feminine pointed and even (symmetrical) way with a vertical (chin to throat) scar. The scar inserted should be able to be removed and some 5-FU injections should be able to help reduce some if the paralyzing scar tissue (that blocks the nerves).

Any So/Cal doctors able to do this, preferably minimum down-time, swelling and finally scarring. I also want a one or max two step procedure within one month as that is my timeline (I am not from USA).

Doctors/Professionals Only
Regular Users/Non-Professionals
  Notify me when a doctor/professional or regular member answers this question
  Notify me only when a doctor/professional answers this question

Learn more about



Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.