Awesome Surgeon; Wonderful Experience , February 18, 2008, 6:10 pm
After interviewing plastic surgeons in the Midwest, Northern and Southern California, Dr. Adam Lowenstein was my first choice. With my surgery a month behind me, I am confident that I made the right choice, and that my family, friends and I will work with him in the future. Here’s why:
* Dr. Lowenstein is technical/cutting edge, but has super strong communication skills so he was able to explain considerations, concepts and procedures clearly and concisely. He is the only doctor who explained facial biomechanics to me, e.g., the relationship between forehead muscles, lines and brow positioning, which made the surgery process more meaningful because I understood what we were doing and why.
* His surgical approach is conservative. As a result, I achieved my aesthetic goals with only one procedure, a brow lift. By comparison, all of the other plastic surgeons with whom I met recommended a package of overly-aggressive procedures including, with no exaggeration, brow lift, upper and traditional lower blepharplasty, face lift, CO2 whole-face laser resurfacing and fat transfer.
* My results are spectacular. My eyes are beautiful now – and my brow positioning is symmetrical (for the first time in many years) and COMPLETELY natural-looking. My friends who don’t know about the surgery say I look “great/rested/thinner”! While I understand that everyone’s experience is different, I had almost NO bruising and very little pain after the surgery. In fact, I had lunch in a restaurant with friends two days post-op, and was comfortable in public a week later.
* Dr. Lowenstein has been featured in articles as a patient’s “doctor and friend.” That's a perfect characterization in my experience.
* He documents his recommendations, doesn’t push accessory-procedures to make additional money, and provides clients with his complete resume/CV.
* His staff is responsive, kind and knowledgeable. My family and I found the office experience to be wonderful.
* On a final, tactical note for out-of-towners like myself, Santa Barbara is a fantastic place (year-round) to convalesce from surgery.
I rarely make referrals, but in this case, it’s a privilege.