What's the Auto Refill Program?
The Auto Refill Program gives you great price discounts and the convenience of having this item shipped automatically to you on a regular basis based on how often you want to receive it. By using this program, you will receive the price discount displayed on this description page for every auto refilled shipment sent after your initial order. We will ship the item automatically to the address you specify and charge the credit card on record. You save time and money with the Auto Refill Program. You can cancel the program anytime. To activate the auto-ship program, simply select the desired refill frequency from the drop-down menu on this page. The discount is not offered to non-auto refill customers.
VitaMedica Super EPA/DHA Fish Oil
MMH ID: 17968;
Model No: 17968
Mouse-over to zoom; click to expand
Product Description & Benefits: VitaMedica Super EPA/DHA Fish Oil is a nutritional supplement designed for individuals who do not obtain sufficient levels of the important omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA from their diet and individuals who simply do not eat daily servings of foods such as fish or seafood. These fatty acids are particularly important for the development of healthy skin, hair, and nails. Super EPA/DHA Fish Oil supports overall wellness and healthy looking skin and can be used for your daily anti-aging and age management program as well as for post-surgical wound healing. The Eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic (DHA) contained in this supplement, both omega 3 fatty acids, are considered to be conditionally essential because the body can produce them only in limited quantities. These compounds play a critical role in cardiovascular health and brain function, as well as in normal growth and development. Given the poor American diet and the number of health benefits that EPA and DHA confer, supplementing with a nutrient formulation that supplies these compounds, is highly recommended. VitaMedica Super EPA/DHA Fish Oil contains one of the highest levels of the essential fatty acids EPA plus DHA that have been increasingly documented to inhibit inflammation, benefit cardiovascular health by lowering cholesterol, make the blood less sticky and decrease the incidence of abnormal heart rhythms. This product is especially recommended for individuals who dislike fish and seafood and cannot receive the daily dose of fatty acids essential for their wellness.
Vitamedica's age management products are built on the understanding that ingested substances and nutrients have a meaningful impact on outward appearance.
VitaMedica Super EPA/DHA Fish Oil has the following key features and benefits:
- Super EPA/DHA Formula: VitaMedica's 400/200 formula - one of the highest levels of EPA/DHA currently available per capsule - makes it easy to obtain the benefits of using fish oil for a wide number of health benefits, with a minimal number of capsules.
- USP Certified Fish Oil for Quality & Safety: VitaMedica sources its fish oil from Ocean Nutrition located in Nova Scotia, Canada. Ocean Nutrition is the only fish oil producer in the world to achieve the U.S. Pharmacopea safety verification (USP Certified).
- Ultra-Refined Molecularly Distilled to Ensure Free of Toxins: VitaMedica's Super EPA/DHA fish oil has been molecularly distilled and ultra-refined to ensure a high-quality product that has a pleasant taste.
- Improved Cholesterol, Triglycerides & Blood Lipids: Numerous studies have documented the cardiovascular benefit of increasing dietary intake of EPA and DHA. These fats discourage the production of the "Series 2" prostaglandins which are associated with increased inflammation, blood clotting and blood vessel dilation.
- Improved Skin Quality: Fats like EPA and DHA are used preferentially to build cellular membranes. These types of polyunsaturated fats, which are difficult to obtain through diet alone, help to build cell membranes that are less rigid and more fluid - an important consideration for skin cells which turn over rapidly.
- A Balanced Ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 Fats: Americans consume far too many omega-6 fats and not enough omega-3 fats in their diet (10:1 ratio). By supplementing with an EPA/DHA formula, a more balanced intake of 4:1 can be achieved.
VitaMedica Super EPA/DHA Fish Oil is free of PCBs and other environmental contaminants and contains essential fatty acids that are USP certified to ensure pharmaceutical-grade quality. The following key ingredients are essential to inhibit inflammation and benefit cardiovascular health:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids:(600 mg or 56% by weight) The Omega-3s are a group of polyunsaturated fatty acids which are very important for health. The Omega-3 family includes the essential fatty acid called Alpha-Linolenic Acid (LNA) and the two superpolyunsaturated fats, Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA). Although the body can make EPA and DHA from Alpha-Linolenic Acid, a large amount of this essential fatty acid is required. For this reason, EPA and DHA are often referred to as "conditionally essential".
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA):(400 mg or 38% by weight) EPA is a polyunsaturated fat that belongs to the Omega-3 family. EPA is found in cold water fish like salmon, sardines, mackerel and trout. EPA is the starting material for the series 3 prostaglandins - hormone-like compounds that play a role in blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, kidney function, inflammatory response and immune function. A function of EPA is to also prevent the pro-inflammatory series 2 prostaglandins from forming by inhibiting the production of Arachidonic Acid (AA).
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA):(200 mg or 19% by weight) DHA is a polyunsaturated fat that belongs to the Omega-3 family. Like EPA, DHA is found in cold water fish like salmon, sardines, mackerel and trout. Both EPA and DHA benefit the cardiovascular system by keeping platelets from getting too sticky, lowering repair proteins to keep arteries more open and lowering triglycerides.