What's the Auto Refill Program?
The Auto Refill Program gives you great price discounts and the convenience of having this item shipped automatically to you on a regular basis based on how often you want to receive it. By using this program, you will receive the price discount displayed on this description page for every auto refilled shipment sent after your initial order. We will ship the item automatically to the address you specify and charge the credit card on record. You save time and money with the Auto Refill Program. You can cancel the program anytime. To activate the auto-ship program, simply select the desired refill frequency from the drop-down menu on this page. The discount is not offered to non-auto refill customers.
VitaMedica HA+A™ Serum
MMH ID: 17974;
Model No: 17974
Mouse-over to zoom; click to expand
Product Description & Benefits: VitaMedica HA+A™ Serum is designed for individuals who want to provide added hydration to the skin combined with protection from free-radical damage . This Serum features hyaluronic acid, one of the skin's most important components for skin hydration and moisture retention along with many of the most powerful dermal antioxidants currently available. With aging, the body's ability to maintain skin hydration, and protection from harmful free-radicals, is diminished. Topical administration of compounds such as hyaluronic acid combined with antioxidants assists in the management of aging skin by restoring these important dermal nutrients. VitaMedica HA+A™ is formulated in a light-weight serum which makes it ideal even for patients with oily skin. The serum is intended for use as a base, and assists in the absorption and effectiveness of other topical nutrients that are commonly used on the skin.
Vitamedica's age management products are built on the understanding that ingested substances and nutrients have a meaningful impact on outward appearance.
VitaMedica HA+A™ Serum has the following key features and benefits:
- Hyaluronic Acid and Pantothenol for Enhanced Hydration: HA+A Serum features a combination of hyaluronic acid and panthenol to support hydration of the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin.
- Vitamins A, C and E for Antioxidant Protection: HA+A Serum is fortified with antioxidants to assist in protection from free-radical damage. The serum contains ascorbyl palmitate, a water- and fat-soluble ascorbic acid which is more stable than vitamin C and demonstrates excellent skin penetration.
- Coenzyme Q10 for Antioxidant Protection: HA+A includes coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), a powerful antioxidant that works in concert with vitamin E to protect lipid membranes.
- Powerful Flavonoids and Polyphenols Extracts for Antioxidant Protection: HA+A includes flavonoids from pine tree bark and polyphenols from green tea extract. Pycnogenol® is a patented extract from the French maritime pine tree. Numerous studies have demonstrated the excellent free-radical scavenging capabilities of the constituents in Pycnogenol. Green tea, whose active constituents are polyphenols, is also a powerful antioxidant that has chemopreventive benefits, protecting skin cells from UV light induced carcinogenesis.
- Soft-Gel Capsule for Ease of Use: HA+A is formulated in a small, soft-gel capsule, making the supplement easy and convenient to take.
VitaMedica HA+A™ Serum is fortified with the following key ingredients known for their hydration and antioxidant benefits:
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a key component of all connective tissue in the body. HA is a special type of large protein and sugar molecule known as a glycosaminoglycan (GAG). The molecular structure of GAGs gives them their unique ability to attract and hold water. Nearly 50% of the body's HA is found in the dermis in the ground substance or extracellular matrix between cells. Hyaluronic acid, along with dermatan sulfate, serves to maintain the water balance in the dermis, to add support for other dermal components and to act as a matrix for cell migration, metabolism, and growth. Hyaluronic acid is highly concentrated at a site of injury (trauma or surgery) to enhance the ability of important healing cells to reach an injured area. Following a wound, HA also signals keratinocytes to start making new cells. The more HA concentrated in the skin, the less likely the skin is to scar because HA reduces unneeded collagen from depositing (forming a scar).
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5): Panthenol is a member of the B-vitamin family and is often used in hair, skin and nail formulations. Panthenol, which is converted in the skin to pantothenic acid, is a water-soluble humectant that imparts moisturization and promotes normal keratinization.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol Acetate): Tocopherol acetate, the synthetic form of vitamin E, is a combination of tocopherol and acetic acid. Vitamin E accumulates in the epidermis and forms a barrier against moisture evaporation from the skin. As an antioxidant, vitamin E helps prevent free-radical damage in skin tissues and oxidation in lipid membranes.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10): CoQ10 is also known as ubiquinone because it is found widely in plants and animals. CoQ10 is found in the mitochondria of cells (the "powerplant") and is essential for energy production. Like vitamin E, CoQ10 plays a critical role as an antioxidant in cellular membranes and plasma lipoproteins.
- Pycnogenol®: Pycnogenol is extracted from the bark of the French maritime pine tree. The extract acts as a powerful antioxidant to neutralize free-radicals that contribute to premature aging. It possesses a broad spectrum of biological, pharmacological and therapeutic activities against free-radicals and oxidative stress. Pycnogenol also protects collagen and elastin and helps rebuild skin tissue.<.li>
- Green Tea Extract: Although green tea has been used in the orient for centuries, its extract is increasingly recognized in the West for its numerous health-promoting benefits. Green tea contains protective compounds called polyphenols that have antioxidant activity and work as chemopreventive agents. Green tea also has a moisturizing effect on the stratum corneum, the upper layers of the skin.
- Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate): Retinyl palmitate is a combination of retinol (pure vitamin A) and palmitic acid. Most of the body's vitamin A is stored in the liver as retinyl palmitate. Vitamin A is known to normalize the skin and helps to keep skin soft and plump. Retinyl palmitate readily penetrates the epidermis and the dermis, helping to increase collagen, skin thickness and elasticity.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Palmitate): Ascorbyl palmitate is a combination of ascorbic acid and palmitic acid. An important role of vitamin C is to work in the watery part of cells to prevent oxidative damage. However, the combination of ascorbic acid with palmitic acid creates a more versatile antioxidant. This modified vitamin C also works in fat-soluble environments in concert with vitamin E to prevent damage to lipid membranes. In addition, ascorbyl palmitate is more shelf-stable than ascorbic acid and demonstrates excellent skin penetration. Ascorbyl palmitate induces collagen production and causes skin to become thicker, softer, more resilient, even-toned and less wrinkled.
- Milk Thistle Extract (Silybum Marianum): Milk Thistle is a powerful antioxidant that contains potent liver protecting substances. The active compound silymarin also stimulates the production of new liver cells.
- Boswellia Serrata Extract: Boswellila serrata is an ayurvedic plant that contains anti-inflammatory compounds. The plant's derivatives also have anti-carcinogenic and anti-tumor activities.