Extend the Life Of Your Garment With Compression Stocking Washing Solution & Rubber Gloves: Get this Compression Stocking Washing Solution, Rubber Gloves & Laundry Bag Kit to extend the life of your compression stocking and ensure the best care for it. Find other Compression Stocking Accessories including great deals on washing solutions, rubber gloves, and stocking applicators to ease putting on. Read more below.
Product Description & Benefits: Truform Men Over-the-Calf Therapeutic Support Socks (15-25 mmHg, Closed Toe) offer the perfect combination of support and comfort, and are available in five popular fashion-sense colors. Featuring cushioned foot and opaque fabric, this ultimate athletic support sock is a great cover for slight imperfections in skin color or spider veins and complements a wide range of wardrobe choices including business, casual or leisure attire. Truform Men Over-the-Calf Therapeutic Support Socks are particularly recommended by doctors for their therapeutic support that helps relieve leg fatigue and mild swelling associated with periods of prolonged, occupation-related standing or sitting.
In the white color:
Compression Levels: This garment is available in 15-25 mmHg compression level.
Which Compression Level Do I Need? Click here to learn how to choose the right compression level for your garment.
Instructions For Use:
1. Legs should be thoroughly dry before putting on the garment. If necessary, dust with talcum powder. The best time to put on the garment is early in the morning, before any swelling has a chance to develop.
2. Remove your jewelry, rings, and watches before applying your garment to avoid damaging it. To lengthen the life of your garment, it is recommended to wear specialized compression stocking rubber or vinyl gloves to prevent fingernails from damaging the fabric or avoid pressing your fingernails into the stitching. Also, the friction of the gloves will make your stockings easier to handle. Get Compression Stocking Rubber Gloves at our store.
3. Turn the upper half of the stocking inside out to the heel by gently sliding the stocking down over the foot portion..
4. Slip your foot into the foot portion. Make sure the heel fits well.
5. Gently ease the remaining part of the stocking over the heel.
6. Use the palms of your hands to massage the stocking upwards towards the knee. Note: Never pull at the upper edge of the stocking. Instead, smooth with your palm until the correct fit is achieved. Avoid rolling, twisting or overstretching the fabric.
7. Follow the same procedure for the opposite leg, taking care that the stitch rows always run vertically.
8. Remove your garment before going to bed.
If you usually apply moisturizer to your legs or arms, it is better to moisturize the skin in the evening rather than just before putting on your garment in the morning. Remove your garment before going to bed. Consult your physician immediately if acute leg pain or skin irritation develops while wearing stockings.
Measuring Myself Correctly & Getting The Right Size: Knowing how to measure yourself correctly and getting the right size for your garment is the most crucial step of selecting the proper garment. For this reason, please view the Size Chart (and read the measuring tips) associated with this product.
Garment Care: This garment is easy to care for and can be machine washed, tumble dried, and is resistant to sun, ointments, lotions and perspiration. Proper care will increase the life of your garment and will reward you with longer wear and dependability. Frequent washing loosens perspiration and dirt, helping extend the life of your stocking. Additionally, it is recommended to get 2 garments and alternate between each to extend the life of each stocking. You can hand wash or machine wash your garment with warm water using a mild/delicate soap or detergent, or preferably with a specialized Compression Stocking Washing Solution which can be found at our Store. Wash stocking in lukewarm water of 105 degrees or lower. Soaking is not necessary. Avoid chlorine, bleach, fabric softeners, or products such as Woolite. If you're using a laundry machine, placing the garment in a mesh laundry bag will help protect it while it is in the machine. Rinse in lukewarm water. Dry between two towels. Hang stockings in the open air, away from direct heat and sunlight. Do not wring or twist the garment. Dryers are not recommended. Avoid ironing or dry cleaning the garment. Avoid oils, grease, intense light or heat, which may damage your stockings. Never pull or cut loose threads on your stockings. As a tip, if stockings are heavily soiled, rub them gently with a soft wet sponge.
The garment is usually replaced every 3-6 months depending on how often you are wearing the garment and how you are caring for it. Typically, if your garment becomes easy to put on, it likely needs to be replaced.
Important Healthy Tips: To improve the overall life of your stockings, consider alternating two pairs. As you may need to wear your garment everyday and/or frequently, it is a good idea to purchase 2 garments and alternate between each garment as this will extend the life of each garment. Having two garments will also enable you to always have a freshly clean garment, while the soiled one is being washed. When you wear this garment for the first time, you may notice that it is very tight. You may want to wear your garment gradually (or as directed by your physician), such as a few hours the first day and then gradually increasing the number of hours you wear the garment each day until it feels comfortable for you to wear the garment throughout the day. Wearing your garment consistently - everyday and/or frequently - is necessary for a variety of health conditions, as it is a therapy for a condition that you may be treating. For certain conditions, not wearing your garment might actually worsen the condition.
Relevant Conditions & Recommendations: Keeping legs looking and feeling good, Maintenance of leg health and well-being, Relieving mild leg/ankle pain and discomfort, Swollen legs, mild swelling (edema), Prevention of spider veins and varicose veins, Maintenance of leg health and well-being, Therapy for people who are standing and sitting for long hours (i.e. business professionals, health care professionals, flight attendants, factory employees, waitresses, waiters, restaurant professionals, expecting mothers, cashiers, airline employees, etc.), Flight travel.