- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sale
- Insane Deals: 50%-80% Off
- What's New
- Beauty (Skin Care, Anti-Aging)
- Make Up
- Home Beauty Devices & Tools
- Hair Care
- Men's Skin Care & Wellness
- Women's Fragrances
- Men's Fragrances
- Teeth Whitening & Cosmetic Dentistry
- Plastic Surgery Recovery Kits
- Arm Procedures (Brachioplasty, Lift, Reduction)
- Injectable Fillers
- Breast Augmentation (Implants)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Breast Reduction
- Buttocks Augmentation, Implants, Lift (Gluteplasty)
- Chemical Peel
- Cellulite Reduction Treatments
- Chin & Jaw Augmenation
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Face Lift (Rhytidectomy) & Neck Lift
- Forehead Lift (Browlift)
- Gastric Bypass, Bariatric Surgery, Weight Loss
- Hair Replacement & Hair Loss
- Laser Hair Removal, Epilation
- Laser Skin Resurfacing, Laser Treatments
- Liposuction & Lipo Alternatives
- Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia)
- Mastectomy, Breast Cancer, Reconstruction
- Spider & Varicose Vein Treatments, Sclerotherapy
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)
- Thigh Lift (Thighplasty)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Anti-Aging & Beauty Supplements, Vitamins, Drinks, Nutrition
- Athletic Compression Wear
- Body Slimming Shapewear
- Bras, Panties & Lingerie
- Cold And Hot Therapy Packs & Compresses
- Compression Garments
- Compression Socks, Stockings, Hosiery, Arm Sleeves
- Hats With Sun Protection
- Healing Vitamins, Supplements & Homeopathic Remedies
- Maternity Wellness & Beauty Products
- Pillows, Wedges, Mattresses, Chairs For Comfort
- Scar Reduction Creams, Gels & Silicone Sheets
- Senior Health & Wellness
- Sexual Health
- Skin Care for PRE & POST-Op
- Transgender & Crossdressing
- Weight Loss & Diet Solutions, Pills
- Wigs, Hairpieces, Extensions
- Celebrity Favorites
- Bath & Shower Care
- Beds & Accessories
- Blood Pressure
- Diabetes Care
- Doctor Supplies & Products
- Emergency & First Aid Products
- Exercise & Physical Therapy
- Foot Care
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Conditions & Special Needs
- Mobility Products
- Orthopedic Care
- Respiratory Care
- Sleep Apnea/CPAP
- Wheelchairs & Accessories
- Christmas Sales, Discounts
- Mother's Day Sales, Discounts
- Insane Deals (60%-80% Off)
Silk'n Sensepil Homepage - Silk'n Restrictions
Silk'n Sensepil Restrictions
Avoid using Silk'n Sensepil on naturally dark skin complexion or recently tanned skin.
IMPORTANT: To remove the guess work from having to determine if your skin complexion is appropriate for treatment, Silk'n Sensepil is designed with a built-in Skin Sensor that instantly detects if your skin complexion is in the allowable range. Only if your skin complexion is in the allowable range will the device turn on and the treatment will begin with a flash of light. If the skin type is not appropriate, the device will not turn on.
Silk'n removes unwanted hair by selectively addressing hair pigment. Varied quantities of pigment also exist in the surrounding tissue of skin. The quantity of pigment in a particular person's skin, which is manifested by their skin type, determines the degree of risk they are exposed to using Silk'n.
Silk'n should only be used on Fitzpatrick Skin Types I-IV, and on non-tanned skin only. Treating Skin Types V-VI and/or tanned skin with Silk'n may result in adverse effects such as burns, blisters, and skin color changes (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation). To maximize safety, Silk'n has a built-in sensor that will not allow you to use the device if your skin type is not in the allowable range.
Avoid sun tanning for 4 weeks before and during the entre treatment perior, and for 2 weeks after the last session.
Silk'n removes unwanted hair by selectively addressing hair pigment. Varied quantities of pigment also exist in the surrounding tissue of skin. The quantity of pigment in a particular person's skin, which is manifested by their skin complexion, determines the degree of risk they are exposed to using Silk'n.
Silk'n Sensepil: Fitzpatrick Skin Tone Classification Scale
This tool is ideal for use with lighter skintones (I-IV on the Fitzpatrick Skin Tone Classification Scale) and brown-to-black hair. It is designed for use on legs, arms, underarms, bikini lines, and other areas of the body where hair removal is desired; it is not recommended for use on the face.
Silk'n Contra Indications
Certain conditions may prevent the use of Silk’n SensEpil temporarily. DO NOT USE Silk’n SensEpil if any of the following currently apply to you:
If you are pregnant or nursing (lactating).
If you were exposed to strong sunlight or an artificial tanningmachine during the past 28 days.
If you have a tattoo or permanent makeup on the area to be treated.
If you have dark brown or black spots, such as large freckles, birth marks, moles or warts on the area to be treated.
If you have eczema, psoriasis, lesions, open wounds or active infections, such as cold sore in the area to be treated. Wait for the effected area to heal before using Silk’n SensEpil.
If you have a history of kelodial scar formation, a known sensitivity to light (photosensitivity) or are taking medication that makes the skin more sensitive to light, including non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, (e.g., aspirins, ibuprofens, acetaminophen), tetracyclines, phenothiazines, thiazide, diuretics, sulfonyluraes, sulfonamides, DTIC, fluorouracil, vinblastine, griseofulvin, Alpha-Hydroxi Acids (AHAs), Beta-Hydroxi Acids (BHAs), Retin-A®, Accutane® and/or topical retinoids.
If you are currently or have recently been treated with Alpha-Hydroxi Acids (AHAs), Beta-Hydroxi Acids (BHAs), Retin-A®, topical retinoids or azelaic acid.
If you have abnormal skin conditions caused by diabetes, for example, or other systemic or metabolic diseases.
If you have been treated with Accutane® (isotretinoin) within the past 6 months.
If you have been on a steroid regimen within the past 3 months.
If you have a history of herpes outbreaks in the area of treatment, unless you have consulted your physician and received preventative treatment before using Silk’n SensEpil.
If you suffer from epilepsy.
If you have an active implant, such as a pacemaker, incontinence device, insulin pump, etc.
If you have a disease related to photosensitivity, such as porphyria, polymorphic light eruption, solar urticaria, lupus, etc.
If you have a history of skin cancer or areas of potential skin malignancies.
If you have received radiation therapy or chemotherapy treatments within the past 3 months.
If you have any other condition which in your physician’s opinion would make it unsafe for you to be treated. If you are unsure if Silk’n SensEpil is safe for you to use, please consult with your doctor or dermatologist.